1. Food blog CulinaryBroDown.com has created the culinary mash-up that might forever change the Canadian drunchie game: Ramen Poutine.
2. That’s right — poutine’s potato component is replaced with crunchy instant ramen “fries.”
The pre-packaged ramen bricks (dressed in its seasoning and whisked eggs) are cut into fry shapes, frozen, then quickly deep-fried.
3. Everything is then coated in a bed of gravy, cheese curds, scallions, and topped with a soft-boiled egg.
And in their attempt to fuse Japanese and Canadian foods, “lesser-known cultures to the mainstream,” the gravy is made with a miso base.
4. Et voilà! Ramen Poutine, the food fusion of your drunken Canadian dreams.
Get the full recipe here.
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.