1. He once spent several months living in monastic seclusion in Tibet.
2. He founded Random Acts, a non-profit organization that encourages people around the world to perform everyday acts of kindness.
Inspired? Get involved with Random Acts.
3. He interned at the White House during the Clinton administration.
4. And he’s willing to admit how boring it was.
5. He’s a published poet and has worked for literary journals like The Columbia Poetry Review.
7. He was only meant to play Castiel for three episodes, but impressed the producers so much that he became a regular Supernatural cast member.
8. He hosts an adorable web series with his son, West.
9. In the series, he teaches his son how to make healthy choices.
11. As a fundraiser for his charity, he pledged to run over 50 miles and then did.
12. He designed and built his own home in Los Angeles.
14. In 2011, he was named TV’s “Best Non-Human” by TV Guide.
So there’s that.