1. Kissed…a lot.
You may squirm with embarrassment when you think about it now, but that first kiss in back of the mosquito infested bathroom stalls was pretty magical.
2. Smuggled in contraband.
In college it was beer and dirty magazines, but back then you were lucky if you could sneak in some Oreos and your cell phone.
3. Snuck out of your cabin.
Maybe you had a boy to meet up with, or maybe you just liked the feeling of causing trouble (kinda).
4. Put things in the bonfire that definitely don’t belong in the bonfire.
Those flames just instantly brought back your caveman instinct. Sorry mom, blame evolution.
5. Got to use weirdly dangerous equipment.
Bow and arrows? Your mother would never let you do that at home.
6. Got way too close to the local wildlife.
In the suburbs, your mother was always telling you the raccoons in the backyard had rabies. At camp, you all lived as one!
7. Got weird in some mud.
Your parents would make you sleep in the yard before letting you in the house covered in mud.
8. Dyed your hair with leftover Kool Aid from the cafeteria.
You thought you were sooo rebellious, and ignored the fact that it would wash out after one shower.
9. Created a completely new identity in hopes of being the cool kid at camp.
Ah yes, your parents were former secret Russian spies turned CIA agents that were plotting to kill a notorious international jewel thief AKA your mom was an English teacher and your dad sold air conditioners.
10. Slept through 1/4 of your activities.
After all, it’s summer vacation.
For some grown-up camp fun, check out USA Network’s new reality competition, “SUMMER CAMP.”
Premiering Thursday, July 11 at 8/7c.