1. Meet Yang Hak-Seon
His signature move and one of the two vaults he performed to win gold is called “The Yang,” because he invented it… He has said that his plans after the Olympics include adding another half twist to the already staggeringly difficult vault.
For winning South Korea it’s very first Gymnastics gold, Yang is entitled to around $141,700 in prize money: 60 million from the government, and another 100 million from the Korea Gymnastic Association. He once said his dream was to “win gold and build a house for my parents, who live in a vinyl greenhouse.”
7. Check out his incredible second vault
8. Danell Leyva reacts in the audience
9. Sam Mikulak hugs Yang after his amazing vault
Before Yang went on, you could hear Mikulak saying “I want to watch this guy.”
10. Congrats, Yang! We love you!
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›
- The U.S. Army says it's removing restrictions on women attending Ranger School. Two soldiers became the first women to graduate from the school last month. ›