1. Meet Yang Hak-Seon
His signature move and one of the two vaults he performed to win gold is called “The Yang,” because he invented it… He has said that his plans after the Olympics include adding another half twist to the already staggeringly difficult vault.
For winning South Korea it’s very first Gymnastics gold, Yang is entitled to around $141,700 in prize money: 60 million from the government, and another 100 million from the Korea Gymnastic Association. He once said his dream was to “win gold and build a house for my parents, who live in a vinyl greenhouse.”
7. Check out his incredible second vault
8. Danell Leyva reacts in the audience
9. Sam Mikulak hugs Yang after his amazing vault
Before Yang went on, you could hear Mikulak saying “I want to watch this guy.”
10. Congrats, Yang! We love you!
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount.
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed to in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›