1. This is Hazel.
“You come at the king, you best not miss.”
2. This is Hazel heading to a nearby pocket so she can STEAL any nuts that might be hiding there.
“Game’s the same, just got more fierce.”
3. Hazel is full of excuses: she’s pregnant, and is stockpiling food before she gives birth.
“Fact is, we went to war and now there ain’t no goin’ back. I mean, shit, it’s what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it. If it’s a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight.”
4. Hazel lives in Hazel, who lives in Escot Park in East Devon, and guests are discouraged from feeding the squirrels.
“The game is rigged, but you cannot lose if you don’t play.”
5. But that doesn’t deter the single-minded squirrel from giving it a shot.
“A man must have a code.”
“All in the game.”
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›