Listen: There are a lot of important wombats.
Wombats are fat, happy, smelly, scratchy, and beautiful. They want to hug and be hugged. They want their bellies scratched. They are weird and hairless when they are babies. Basically, they are perfect. Which made narrowing this list down to 25 a difficult task, but it had to be done.
25. The Wombat Who Loves A Shoe
Remarkably, the always reliable cute-animal-in-love-with-an-inanimate-object trope only makes it to the bottom of this list because the other 24 wombats are that special. Anyway, just look at how he hugs the boot for a taste of the love to come!
24. The Wombat Who Never Lets Go
We’ve all known a few boys like this but they weren’t nearly as cute as this wombat who just won’t ever stop clutching your leg!
23. The Wombat Who Met The Wombats
This wombat gets to be an honorary member of the extremely cute band The Wombats because they are named after him. Obviously, the boys have good taste.
22. The World’s Oldest Wombat, Patrick
HIS NAME IS PATRICK. He is huge and 27 years young and is the most perfect creature. Well, the 22nd most perfect creature.
21. The Ready For Her Closeup Wombat
Her nose! HER NOSE!!!!!!
20. The Wombat Who Fell Asleep In A Little Hat
Two conflicting theories:
- That hat was just really comfortable.
- This wombat was mad ambitious and knew the only way he could make it onto this list was by curling up inside a little hat.
19. The Wombat Who Is Friends With The Guy From The Mountain Goats
It’s pretty hard to outshine John Darnielle, but this wombat manages to edge the brilliant songwriter out for “Most Important Thing In This Picture.”
18. The Blissed-Out Wombat
Fact: All wombats love to have their tummies scratched. This one ESPECIALLY loves it, though.
17. The Wombat Who Is Really Happy About Being Simba-ed
Some wombats have been waiting their whole lives to be held up under their armpits and presented to the world.
16. The Itchiest Wombat
Sometimes you just have to scratch your butt, you know? This wombat feels you.
15. The Baby Wombat Who Wore A Crop Top
There’s no explanation for this except that wombats know what they are doing to us and they want us to continue loving them for all of time. It’s working.
14. The Rescued Wombat
His name is Tunna!!!
13. The Most Satisfied Wombat
If wombats weren’t so fucking cute you might even call them smug. But you would never want to hurt their feelings like that, would you?
12. The Baby Wombat Waving G’Day
HULLO, LITTLE WOMBAT!!!!
11. The Wombat Who Had A Bath In The SInk
GUYS WE ARE NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 10 YET AND YET HERE WE ARE WITH THIS BABY WOMBAT TAKING A BATH IN THE SINK GOD HELP US ALL.
10. The Wombat Who Is So At Home In These Loving Arms
Fact: Wombats’ natural habitat is “in the middle of a good snuggle.”
9. The Wombat Who Loved Gingers
Feeling you, wombat. Also: WOULD DO ANYTHING TO BE THIS MAN, THE LUCKIEST MAN ON EARTH.
8. This Bicycle-Riding Wombat
Fact: Wombats have been important and the best forever, even when the world was black and white.
7. The Baby Wombat Whose Best Friend Is A Baby Kangaroo
When this kangaroo grows up it will be able to kick so hard it could kill you. When this wombat grows up it will KILL YOU WITH LOVE AND AFFECTION.
6. The Wombat Who Was Hugged By Steve Irwin
Rest in peace. Steve, not the wombat. Wombats live forever.
5. The Wombat Who Desperately Wants To Play
JUST PLAY WITH THE FUCKING WOMBAT, YOU MONSTER.
4. The Wombat Headed To Someplace Special
STRAIGHT INTO YOUR HEART, THAT IS WHERE HE IS HEADED.
3. The Wombat On The Bathroom Floor With Yo-Yo Ma
You might ask yourself: Why is Yo-Yo Ma laying on the bathroom floor? The answer is in the wombat.
2. The Wombat In A Teacup
ALL THE OTHER THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN CUTE IN TEACUPS WITHER AT THE SIGHT OF THIS HAIRLESS BABY WOMBAT.
- Thousands of rallies for climate change action took place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris.›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›