1. Meet Tinni (the dog on the left) and Sniffer (the fox on the right).
2. They are BEST FRIENDS who live together in the NORWEGIAN FOREST.
3. Photographer Torgeir Berge is Tinni’s guardian and has watched the development of his dog’s incredible relationship with this wild fox.
4. He and his writing partner Berit Helberg are planning a book for children and adults full of fairy tales and Berge’s beautiful photos.
5. Here’s some more information about the upcoming book, in English!
6. The author and the photographer agree that some of the proceeds of the book will be donated to an organization that combats fur practices that harm animals like Sniffer.
7. As Helberg writes, “in this way [we] can be the voice of the animals.”
8. One thing is abundantly clear: Sniffer and Tinni LOVE EACH OTHER SO MUCH.
9. They love to play.
10. And they love to rest.
11. They could talk for hours.
12. They have similar interests (traipsing, jumping, stick carrying, hanging out with each other).
13. Berge explains that while Tinni and Sniffer might seem like an unlikely duo, they are actually very much the same.
14. And anyone who looks at these pictures can see the affection and understanding that they share.
15. If only humans could all be as kind and accepting as this pair.
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding a war crimes investigation into the U.S. bombing of its Afghan hospital. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›