1. This sound.
2. Which you’d hear every time you dialed in to your favorite local BBS.
Early BBSes had EVERYTHING: games, discussion rooms, “electionic mail,” file sharing..
3. Or maybe you started with AOL. Remember A/S/L checks in your favorite AOL Chat Room?
4. Or was Prodigy’s “Interactive Personal Service” your first online experience?
6. Searching the WWW with the help of the internet’s first famous dog, the LYCOS mascot.
7. Learning basic HTML so you could build your first web site on Geocities!
8. Hooking your site into like-minded others with the power of WEBRINGS.
12. Looking at naked girls or having arguments about They Might Be Giants on Usenet.
14. Copying and pasting an email survey and sending it to all 30 of your friends.
15. Crafting the perfect AIM “away message.”
your away message
wow i h8 how every1 is putting VdAY PLaNz on their aways. SO COOL. LIKE OKAY maggie & mike, have a gr8 time at Applebees NO1 CAREZ!!
And making fancy icons for whatever you were into.
18. Building a huge music library for free with Napster.
19. Or spending years confused about who did what songs, thanks to the genius of your fellow KaZaA users…
Your KaZaA Library
Madonna - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Your KaZaA Library
Various artists- How Bizarre
21. Wasting hours scrolling through pictures on “Hot or Not”
22. Taking highly scientific personality quizzes and tests that changed your entire perception of your tween self.
24. Watching this Homestar Runner video 10 times in a row.
26. The beautiful MySpace/Livejournal hybrid that was Xanga (RIP)
- BuzzFeed News looks at the fourth anniversary of Mark Duggan's death, an unarmed black man who was shot and killed by police in north London. The shooting sparked England-wide riots in 2011.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.