1. Because of everything happening in this photo:
2. And this one:
3. Big smiles.
4. Surya Bonaly’s back-flips.
5. Oksana Baiul’s mild-mannered perfection.
While Kerrigan and Harding were involved in one of the craziest sports stories of all time, this teen swooped in and quietly took the gold away from them just by being *FLAWLESS*.
6. She also had the cutest excitement face in the world.
7. Katarina Witt being older than all of her competitors and basically schooling the in elegance.
8. Michelle Kwan’s perfect, tiny attitude.
10. Nicole Bobek having the figurative cojones to pull off this outfit.
11. Because of Kristi Yamaguchi’s mind-blowing perfection.
12. Because of this heartbreaking magazine cover.
And because of Kerrigan’s perseverance after returning from a nasty hit on her knee designed to take her out.
13. All of the many, many, many, many tears.
14. And the falls.
15. Because of Michelle Cho’s haircut.
16. Elaine Zayak’s incredible comeback in 1994, after being retired for TEN YEARS.
She killed it, but came in fourth place.
17. Lu Chen’s effortless hovering above the ice.
19. No, seriously, Tara Lipinski.
20. Tara Lipinski was even on Sabrina, The Teenage Witch!
21. And — of course — Tonya Harding, the most controversial but magnetic figure skater of the ’90s.
22. Especially when her laces were broken and she was you IRL, suffering through every day of high school.
23. The most shade that’s ever been thrown.
24. But mostly because, despite all the drama, she’s more fun to watch than any skater ever.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. Three people were injured, according to reports.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?