1. First off, try taking a quiz to help you determine what your dream job might be.
Not sure what kind of job would make you truly happy? Try taking this handy quiz for a start.
2. Keep an open mind.
Finding a job is no easy feat, especially if you have your heart set on a specific company or job title. Stay optimistic and keep at it, you’ll be surprised what surprising career opportunities you will find.
3. You could try marketing yourself as a real product.
Online résumés have become increasingly popular, especially for tech-related jobs. Find a format that will grab your future employer’s attention, like web product manager Philippe Dubost’s personal spin on an Amazon product page.
4. Or turn your résumé into an eye-grabbing infographic.
Services like Vizualize.Me let you input your information with ease and do the designing for you.
5. Set your application to song.
Just don’t do it as a parody of “Call me, Maybe” - a few other people have thought of that one already.
6. Appeal to the employer’s sweet tooth.
7. Or get their attention by utilizing their own product.
This applicant for a Starbucks manager position wrote his résumé directly on the back the coffee chain’s ubiquitous Venti cup, earning the attention and praise of a company recruiter.