2. He’s the first actor to receive one million dollars for his first film.
3. He was originally considered for the title role of the horror movie, “Candyman” in 1992.
4. He has played multiple roles in seven different movies.
These films include: Coming to America, Vampire in Brooklyn, the Nutty Professor and Nutty Professor II, Bowfinger, Norbit, and Meet Dave.
5. He has two hit singles, “Party All the Time” (1985) and “Whatzupwitu” (1993), the latter of which featured Michael Jackson.
6. He almost played the role of a “UFO-file who gets involved with Captain Kirk’s search for a humpback whale” in “Star Trek: The Voyage Home.”
Eddie is a huge fan of the series.
8. He once tried his hand at directing, in 1989’s “Harlem Nights.”
Starring Richard Pryor, Redd Foxx, and himself, Harlem Nights was a success at the box office, though it was panned by critics.
9. He loves Elvis Presley.
Said Murphy, “That’s my idol, Elvis Presley. If you went to my house, you’d see pictures all over of Elvis. He’s just the greatest entertainer that ever lived. And I think it’s because he had such presence.”