1. Bring it in, because we need to talk about the sexy songstress that is Brandi Carlile.
2. If you’ve already had the pleasure, nay the privilege, of listening to her music, you are most likely already crushing on her.
3. If not, you will be by the end of this post.
4. Brandi Carlile is like that cool girl in college who would drink the boys under the table.
5. But unlike that girl from college, Brandi went on to create a band and eventually perform at the White House.
Because she could, that’s why.
6. After that performance, even the POTUS had caught a serious Carlile crush.
Come on, Obama, play it cool!
7. There could be entire novels written on the topic of her perfect forearms alone.
8. She supports causes close to her heart, by placing political slogans on her backside.
Come on, Brandi, as if we needed another reason to look at your ass.
9. And when she takes the stage with that guitar…
10. …you really wish…
11. … you could be that guitar.
12. She is so incredibly down-to-earth, when she meets celebrities she doesn’t seem to bat an eyelash.
But Brandi, it’s Dave!
13. And for someone so effortlessly cool, she remains a true nerd at heart.
I mean, she has an AURYN tattoo after all.
14. Not to mention her rare and uncanny ability to make bandanas look cool again.
15. We can only hope this is how she puts it on each and every day.
16. But of course, the real reason the world crushes on Brandi isn’t due to her stunning good looks and charm.
And it couldn’t be the adorable way she pulls off that hat.
17. It’s because each time she opens her mouth, that voice hits you like a ton of bricks.
Bricks that are made of feelings and happiness, OK?
18. Her low and sultry crooning brings a whole new meaning to the term sexy.
19. It was once said, “She’s a singer who doesn’t hit notes — everything she sings is a new note; her voice doesn’t happen on a dime, it soars high and low like an eagle in clean air.”
20. That’s right, her voice is like a freaking eagle soaring through crisp, clean, perfect air.
21. When she sang this unplugged version of Amazing Grace, the entire world stood still and wept.
22. When she has technical difficulties at concerts, she doesn’t wait around, she busts out some impromptu yodeling.
That’s right… she can yodel with the best of them.
23. And when she sings onstage with her mom, you finally understand where all her unbridled talent comes from.
24. She is such an amazing creature, she recently decided she didn’t need a record label to make the music she wants.