1. In 2009, a few years before Kayhar underwent a male to female transition, she recorded herself singing a cover of “Battlefield” by Jordan Sparks.
2. Now in 2013, she has released a video in which she sings a duet with her former, pre-transition self:
3. Disclaimer: It’s going to give you chills.
4. The artist told The Huffington Post:
Progress for the trans community has been painfully slow. Despite some minor advances, society still sees us as only one of two things: sex objects or punch lines. Through my music, I hope to change that. Now is the time for a trans revolution. We’re more than what the media and society has portrayed us to be and the time has come to correct those wrongs.
5. Watch here:
For more information on Kayhar’s transition, check out her YouTube page.
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.