1. In 2009, a few years before Kayhar underwent a male to female transition, she recorded herself singing a cover of “Battlefield” by Jordan Sparks.
2. Now in 2013, she has released a video in which she sings a duet with her former, pre-transition self:
3. Disclaimer: It’s going to give you chills.
4. The artist told The Huffington Post:
Progress for the trans community has been painfully slow. Despite some minor advances, society still sees us as only one of two things: sex objects or punch lines. Through my music, I hope to change that. Now is the time for a trans revolution. We’re more than what the media and society has portrayed us to be and the time has come to correct those wrongs.
5. Watch here:
For more information on Kayhar’s transition, check out her YouTube page.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Boko Haram has killed 97 people at mosques in northeastern Nigeria, a government official told AP.
- Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, a Democrat with a military background, is running for president.
- Tidal is now the only place you can stream Prince's music. He's pulled his work from other services, like Spotify.