1. Rep. Ralph Hall (R-Texas) showed up at an LGBT event for the Victory Fund on June 5th:
2. According to bystanders the Texas Republican “sipped his drink and made polite conversation.”
3. His presence surprised and confused a few of the guests:
5. It turns out, the congressman was a bit confused as well.
6. Hall was under the impression he was attending an event for a fellow congressman, scheduled for that same day.
7. Hall said, “At that moment I realized that this was not the reception I intended to attend, and I put down my glass, thanked the sponsor, and told him we would be leaving.”
8. He added, “Many of those in attendance probably were surprised to see me walk in, but were not surprised to see me leave quickly.”
9. We imagine he probably had some fantastic conversations before he left: