1. Brace yourself, Pride season is coming.
Heather Yang / Via chicagooutfitrollerderby.com
3. The parade, the parties, and the preparation; it all sounds pretty overwhelming.
4. You don’t know whether to embrace it, or run for your life.
7. If this is your first Pride, it’s normal to feel a bit lost and underprepared.
9. Your straight friends won’t understand your sudden change in mood:
10. And Pride will come whether you are ready or not.
11. So instead of panicking, remember that it’s basically a month long celebration.
12. A month to be proud any way you see fit.
Sarah Karlan is the associate LGBT editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Sarah Karlan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here Are The Top Stories
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️