1. Recently a group of anonymous artists in San Francisco began “hacking” the definition of marriage by vandalizing dictionaries in bookstores.
5. Only in a reference does the definition say marriage could also be “(in some jurisdictions) a union between partners of the same sex.”
6. The press spokeswoman for Oxford University stated:
We are constantly monitoring usage in this area in order to consider what revisions and updates we may need to make. It’s worth pointing out that, as the OED is distinct from other dictionaries in being a historical record of the language, meanings of the past will remain, even while language changes and new ones are added.
7. How does Oxford’s definition stack up against other dictionaries?
- Bernie Sanders' fundraising call after his New Hampshire win paid off: He's raised $5.2 million online since polls closed 💵
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And the girls from "Broad City" have graced us with the trailer for Season 3.