2. One of the songs, entitled “Moscow,” has a very special message for Russia.
3. According to the band, the single focuses on “the daft optimism of being in love.”
4. The video, released just last week, is wonderfully geometric, trippy, and fun:
5. It also features two Russian soldiers:
7. In fact, they love each other.
8. The band made a point to include the kiss in response to the ongoing violent and homophobic incidents in Russia.
9. Just last month a group of same-sex couples were violently attacked after a kissing protest.
10. Along with the video, the band released a special message:
We are lucky in Britain to have laws that mean whether we are gay, straight, bisexual or anything in between, our relationships are recognised and our rights protected by law. But in Russia there is an anti-gay crisis happening right now: their government does not want to afford their people those same rights and are trying to criminalise even the discussion of gay equality.
12. I think we can all agree, this band is doing it right.
Adorable? Check. Great musicians? Check. Conscious to the human rights of all individuals? Check!
13. Watch the full Russian love story:
The band also urged their fans to sign the All Out petition, which calls on the Russian government to stop discrimination against the LGBT community.