1. In an article she wrote for The Huffington Post Margaret Cho made it very clear how she feels about ‘outing’ celebrities:
2. Her Twitter account echoes these sentiments:
‘OUTING’ is only wrong when you think there is something wrong with being gay #homophobiaexists #gayandproud #fuckingproudtobegay
i have had enough fucking hatred of gay people i have had enough fucking homophobia i have had fucking enough #’privacy’ishomophobia
our children are dying from homophobia!! we are in an lgbt state of emergency #thisbitchisnothavingit no more death #nomorehomophobia
5. In the article she states:
6. She explained how growing up in the ’80s with the AIDS crisis affected her views:
Cho also hinted she wants to cover the topic more thoroughly by adding, “I want to write a book on the subject of homophobia and outing, but that would take more words than I know, more pain that I wish to uncover, more rage than my heart can handle in its already weakened state, having been broken long ago thanks to a life of tragedy and blood, bullying and suicide, hatred and disease and so much death.”
Read the full article here.
- Afghan officials are investigating reports that Mullah Mohammed Omar, the leader of the Taliban, is dead.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️