1. Bend It Like Beckham is a nearly perfect film.
2. Except for one glaring plot error.
4. It’s rumoured the film’s original plot had the two female leads ending up together.
5. But Director Gurinder Chadha rewrote the script to avoid upsetting conservative Indian audiences.
6. And so at the film’s conclusion, Jess ends up with Joe and the world uttered a collective:
7. Because to anyone with eyeballs, it’s obvious she should have ended up with Jules.
9. The tension between them is palpable throughout the film.
10. They can barely keep their eyes off each other…
12. From the start, Jules is completely smitten with Jess.
13. That fierce look in her eyes? That’s love people.
As if the slight hand holding wasn’t obvious enough.