1. Bend It Like Beckham is a nearly perfect film.
2. Except for one glaring plot error.
4. It’s rumoured the film’s original plot had the two female leads ending up together.
5. But Director Gurinder Chadha rewrote the script to avoid upsetting conservative Indian audiences.
6. And so at the film’s conclusion, Jess ends up with Joe and the world uttered a collective:
7. Because to anyone with eyeballs, it’s obvious she should have ended up with Jules.
9. The tension between them is palpable throughout the film.
10. They can barely keep their eyes off each other…
12. From the start, Jules is completely smitten with Jess.
13. That fierce look in her eyes? That’s love people.
As if the slight hand holding wasn’t obvious enough.
14. And just look at the way Jess gazes at Jules here:
16. And this should have been a real kiss:
17. They way they drank beer and shopped for shoes together? Be more of a couple, please.
20. Do you see him in the promo posters? Nope. Because the ladies were the real soulmates in this story.
21. So, we can always imagine this scene is actually Jess confessing her love to Jules.
22. And that this scene was her coming out moment.
23. And that they go off to play soccer and live happily ever after.
24. Because Jess and Jules were meant to be together.
26. Let’s conclude with a video of this perfect couple set to Katy Perry’s “I Kissed A Girl” and dream of what could have been.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty in the June shooting of nine people at a Charleston church, his attorney said.