1. Sir Ian McKellen braved the rain to march in London’s annual Pride parade on Sunday.
2. He took many-a-selfie, making people’s day – nay, lives – complete.
3. He spread joy wherever he went!
4. Look how happy that guy is to be standing SO close to him!
5. Bit of rain? Not a problem.
6. One woman lost her phone, but thankfully a police officer returned it so she could remember THIS moment, in which he smiled in her general direction.
7. ***Flawless, Pride.
Sarah Karlan is the Deputy LGBT Editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Sarah Karlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›
- Walter Scott's family has reached a $6.5 million settlement with North Charleston, S.C., where the unarmed black man was fatally shot by an officer in April. ›