1. In a new Visa commercial released Thursday, football player Michael Sam asks you to judge him.
2. During the 43-second spot, Sam narrates as the camera slowly pans towards his face:
5. “Or for holding fourth and goal with your team’s wild-card berth on the line.”
6. “Remember me for sending you home with tears of joy or tears of sorrow – judge me for what I did on the field.”
7. “I’m Michael Sam, and that’s my everywhere.”
8. The ad is part of Visa’s NFL Draft Stories and “everywhere” campaign.
“We felt that Michael’s story was a perfect fit for our ‘everywhere’ campaign, which is meant to inspire people to reach their own personal goals and aspirations. We wish Michael the best on and off the field as he embarks on the next chapter of his life,” Visa’s chief marketing officer, Kevin Burke, told ESPN.