1. Cindy McCain, the wife of U.S. Sen. John McCain, is slated to appear in a play next month at the Herberger Theater in Phoenix that is centered around the Proposition 8 case.
2. According to the production’s Facebook page, “8” demystifies the debate around marriage equality by chronicling the landmark trial of Hollingsworth v. Perry.
3. Cindy and Meghan McCain appeared in “No on Prop. 8” advertisements in 2008.
Attorney Nicole Stanton, the wife of Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton, is also scheduled to appear in the play on May 7. The Phoenix Business Journal reported that the Republican senator has said in the past that he and his wife, as well as his outspoken daughter Meghan McCain, have differing views on gay marriage.
The Phoenix play is part of a national production tour for “8” with readings in countless other cities. The production is no stranger to having big names in the cast; Brad Pitt, Jane Lynch, George Clooney, George Takei, John C. Reilly, Martin Sheen, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jamie Lee Curtis and more have appeared.
4. McCain and Stanton are going to play Prop 8 plaintiffs Kris Perry and Sandra Stier:
5. Watch the star-filled promo:
6. Director Rob Reiner intends on directing a film version of “8.”
- The U.S. Democratic presidential candidates are having their first debate of the 2016 election cycle ?? ›
- Marlon James has won the Man Booker Prize for his Bob Marley-inspired "A Brief History of Seven Killings." It's the first win for a Jamaican ? ›