2. Most of the time they are very busy training for rowing competitions and such:
3. But they also enjoy doing some good for the world.
4. This year, they are working hard to raise money in order to combat homophobia and bullying.
A portion of the money raised will go towards the Ben Cohen Foundation.
6. And what better way to shoot a calendar than by stripping down to your skivvies?
7. Because charity is best when done in the nude:
8. Charity work makes you a better person!
9. Charity can be fun!
10. And charity is…um.
13. One thing is certain, fighting homophobia has never looked so grand:
14. Warwick is proud to have some gay athletes on the team:
UWBC Men’s Calendar
@damiandunne @JimJamGin we have both gay & straight rowers in our squad x
15. This is the fourth year the boys have stripped down for charity.
16. But it’s the first year the ladies have joined in on the philanthropy:
19. On their fundraising page for the upcoming 2014 calendar, which has raised £11,760, the team writes:
We have been humbled by the response from around the world to our campaign last year to raise funds for the Ben Cohen Foundation, combating bullying and homohobia in sport. We decided that we wanted to do more, firstly to say thank you to the gay community who have given us so much support over the last four years, but also to honour the many people who have shared stories with us of the difficulties they faced in coming to terms with their sexuality against a backdrop of bullying and hate.
Grab your own copy here.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️