Now there's a blues duet featuring Governor Huckabee and President Bush! #Epic
1. A newly formed group, Trail Life USA, has been described as an “alternative to the Boy Scouts” for young men.
The official launch is scheduled for 2014.
2. The group expects to become a “premier” outdoors Christian organization.
3. So, who can join?
4. A statement from the group starts out with a lot of potential…
5. …before swiftly dive-bombing into this:
6. But what does the Trail Life promise to give it’s new members?
7. Things like:
11. And completely homo-free scenic views!!
12. The group’s proposed membership standards state:
The basis for the program’s ethical and moral standards are found in the Bible. In terms of sexual identification and behavior, we affirm that any sexual activity outside the context of the covenant of marriage between one man and one woman is sinful before God and therefore inconsistent with the values and principles of the program.
Within these limits, we grant membership to adults and youth who do not engage in or promote sexual immorality of any kind, or engage in behavior that would become a distraction to the mission of the program.
14. The group was founded by anti-gay Scouting activist John Stemberger…
He was the public face and leader of “On My Honor,” an organization formed to fight against an inclusive Boy Scouts.
15. …and Rob Green, who served as a BSA executive for 20 years before resigning after the BSA’s membership change in May 2013.
16. The organization had it’s inaugural convention over the weekend in Nashville, with over 1,000 guests in attendance.
Look, camping gear! Adventure! Leadership! Creepy photo ops!
17. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee was in the house!
Is he not the best?
18. As was this George W. Bush impersonator.
Because you really can’t have a proper launch party without a good Bush impersonator.
19. Yes, that’s right; A George W. Bush impersonator was there.
Because, why not?
20. The two united to perform some music for everyone.
21. #EPIC indeed.
22. According to CNN, the organization does not intend to be “political or controversial.”
Despite its Genesis, Trail Life USA says it’s not “anti-BSA,” nor its name is meant to be “political or controversial.” The theme of the weekend conference was: “Honoring the Legacy, Raising the Standard.”