1. American Apparel already features a line of super awesome gay Ts:
2. For the second consecutive year, the company has teamed up with GLAAD to release a new line of T-shirts for Pride month.
3. For the first time, the American Apparel design is both bi and transgender inclusive:
4. GLAAD reports the campaign will also feature a transgender model for the second year in a row:
“America’s Next Top Model” contestant Isis King was featured last year.
5. Founder and CEO of American Apparel Dov Charney said in a statement:
“We are thrilled to be renewing our partnership with GLAAD again this year. LGBT Pride is something we care deeply about, and American Apparel is committed to this issue for the long haul. We hope everyone comes out and joins us at march near them.”
6. GLAAD national spokesperson Wilson Cruz:
“By creating this transgender-inclusive t-shirt and tank, American Apparel is showing that they are not only trendsetters in fashion, but also trailblazers for equality for all LGBT people. Additionally, the company’s statement of ‘Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride’ will show millions of people that not only is being an LGBT individual ok, but it is something to be proud of and celebrated.”