1. Meet Bill and John.
4. They are probably the most adorable couple you have ever seen:
In “More Than Ever”, a short from Freedom to Marry, they reminisce about their 54 years together, most spent in the same Manhattan apartment.
5. Shortly after they met, John received his draft notice:
6. It was a scary moment for both of them:
“Meet a guy like this, i’ve been dreaming about this for the last four years. And my great fear was that they would send me to Europe… which they did.”
7. Bill wrote him letters until he returned home.
8. John then went to night school for nine years.
9. When Bill began showing signs of early Parkinsons, it was John’s turn to take care of him:
10. In a letter for their one year anniversary Bill wrote:
11. Watch the entire story here:
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- President Obama on Monday declared a major disaster in South Carolina, where floods have killed at least 12 people and left tens of thousands stranded. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›