1. Meet Bill and John.
4. They are probably the most adorable couple you have ever seen:
In “More Than Ever”, a short from Freedom to Marry, they reminisce about their 54 years together, most spent in the same Manhattan apartment.
5. Shortly after they met, John received his draft notice:
6. It was a scary moment for both of them:
“Meet a guy like this, i’ve been dreaming about this for the last four years. And my great fear was that they would send me to Europe… which they did.”
7. Bill wrote him letters until he returned home.
8. John then went to night school for nine years.
9. When Bill began showing signs of early Parkinsons, it was John’s turn to take care of him:
10. In a letter for their one year anniversary Bill wrote:
11. Watch the entire story here:
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.
- Debris found on an island in the Indian Ocean belongs to the same type of aircraft as the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, a U.S. official told the Associated Press.