1. Feeling like a crazy person most of the time. All of the time. Always.
4. Making it Facebook official? Out of the question.
It’s not that important, you don’t need — shut up, it is everything.
5. Watching your girlfriend or boyfriend tell someone they are single — right in front of you.
7. Convincing yourself the situation doesn’t bother you one bit.
9. Suffering from constant paranoia that EVERYONE knows.
10. The complete terror that grips you when one of you nearly lets the cat out of the bag.
11. Being in a relationship, but being unable to share it with other special people in your life.
12. So you’re technically “single” — with none of the perks of being single.
13. Trying to convince yourself that you don’t need people to know in order to validate your relationship.
Because when you’re alone together, it feels like everything is perfect.
…when you’re really just insanely jealous they can even be that way.
15. Having to be introduced to their family as “just a friend.”
16. Knowing that public over-the-top romantic gestures aren’t allowed.
17. Becoming a master of going on “secret dates” and avoiding people you know.
18. Having all your friends think you’re becoming an antisocial hermit, when you’re really just staying in with your significant other.
20. Having your friends, parents, and grandparents ask why you’re not seeing anyone.
21. And in response, totally lying through your teeth.
Over and over and over again.