2. That feeling you get right before the gun.
5. Laughing when people say it’s a non-contact sport.
9. Becoming an instant diva over the smallest details.
10. Frantically untagging any pictures taken of you during a meet.
11. The never ending animosity between sprinters and long distance runners.
12. Eating 3 bowls of pasta the night before a meet.
13. Getting nervous if the runner next to you has bad-ass flats.
14. The importance of looking both ways before crossing the track.
16. The awkward tan lines after an outdoor season.
17. Controlling your anger when someone in your relay gets you all disqualified.
18. The fear of being pushed up into a faster heat and coming in dead last.
21. Wondering if high-knees drills really did anything at all.
23. Having the coach surprise you with an event you have never run before.
24. Falling in a race and trying to recover gracefully.
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›