The 1991 Academy Award nominated film Fried Green Tomatoes is based on a novel written by Fannie Flagg.
If you haven’t seen it, please stop what you are doing right now and watch it or — crazy idea — read the book.
The book’s plot revolved heavily around the love story between two women: Ruth Jamison And Idgie Threadgoode.
Unbelievably, the film instead portrays them as best friends who are very close. VERY CLOSE.
The evidence speaks for itself:
1. Like this time they got super flirty down at the creek.
4. And when they used any excuse to get close to each other.
6. When they walked like a couple…
7. …looked like a couple…
11. That time they had the world’s sexiest food fight.
The director actually meant for this scene to be “symbolic” of them making love.
14. When they rocked matching outfits, as any adorable couple should.
18. They taught us that true love sometimes involves letting go.
Even when you’re not ready to say goodbye.
20. And Idgie loved Ruth.
Cue the movie montage.
- One person died and three more were injured during a shooting on a university campus in Arizona. ›