The 1991 Academy Award nominated film Fried Green Tomatoes is based on a novel written by Fannie Flagg.
If you haven’t seen it, please stop what you are doing right now and watch it or — crazy idea — read the book.
The book’s plot revolved heavily around the love story between two women: Ruth Jamison And Idgie Threadgoode.
Unbelievably, the film instead portrays them as best friends who are very close. VERY CLOSE.
Lucky for us, Idgie and Ruth managed to be the most heartbreakingly perfect couple anyway.
The evidence speaks for itself:
1. Like this time they got super flirty down at the creek.
3. Everytime they showed each other just how much they cared.
4. And when they used any excuse to get close to each other.
5. Anytime they gave each other those looks of slight annoyance, laced with pure adoration.
6. When they walked like a couple…
7. …looked like a couple…
9. That time Ruth gave Idgie the most innocent and heartbreaking kiss on the cheek.
11. That time they had the world’s sexiest food fight.
The director actually meant for this scene to be “symbolic” of them making love.