10. Some have hidden meaning:
The equality symbol for gay rights and the date he officially came out to his parents.
The pink triangle was one of the Nazi concentration camp badges, used to identify male prisoners who were sent there because of their homosexuality. Every prisoner had to wear a downward-pointing triangle on his or her jacket. Today it’s a commonly used symbol of the gay community.
17. Some help bring people together:
“So I stumbled upon two beautiful ladies at a local gay bar with tattoos similar to mine! (I’m the one with the heart.)”
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›