1. You listen to your friends’ advice.
2. You misread the website and show up on boys’ night.
3. You allow yourself to get emotionally attached to the first girl who looks in your direction.
4. You pull the “fake texting” move when your friends leave you alone for any amount of time.
Inner dialogue: “Fuck, here comes someone. La di da, don’t mind me. I’m just looking at my cell phone, checking all my text messages from all my hot lady suitors…”
5. You overdo the gayness.
You’re already in the door. People know.
6. You get stuck in a conversation with the girl going through a “really tough breakup right now.”
And then she starts crying.