1. “White Christmas” written by Irving Berlin
Irving Berlin also wrote ‘God Bless America’ in 1938.
2. “You’re A Mean One Mr.Grinch” composed by Albert Hague
Fun Fact: The lyrics were actually written by Dr.Suess.
3. “Rudolf The Red-Nosed Reindeer” written by Johnny Marks
The song is based on a short story penned by Mark’s brother-in-law who invented our favorite reindeer.
4. “Run Rudolph Run” Written by Johnny Marks
This tune was made famous by singer Chuck Berry and went on to became one of the most covered songs in music due to the simplicity of the 12-bar blues.
5. “Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree” also written by Johnny Marks (He was the man)
Brenda Lee, who became famous for her country music, recorded this song when she was only 13 years old.
6. “Silver Bells” written by Jay Livingston and Ray Evans
The song was inspired by the Salvation Army bell ringers around the city.
7. “Let It Snow” written by Jule Styne and Sammy Cahn
The writers were born Julias Stein and Sammy Cohen. Although this song went to #1 in 1946, the lyrics never actually mention Christmas.
8. “Winter Wonderland” written by Felix Bernard and Richard B.Smith
One version of the song features the original lyrics, ” pretend that he is Parson Brown,” while later versions went with, ” pretend that he’s a circus clown.” Today many recorded versions actually include both lines.
9. “The Christmas Song” composed by Mel Torme
Often called ’ the velvet fog’ mel croons out the line, ” chestnuts roasting on an open fire.” He composed the music and co-wrote the lyrics with Bob Wells.
10. “I’ll be Home For Christmas” Composed by Walter Kent
Buck Ram previously wrote a poem and song with the same title, and following a lawsuit he was credited as a co-writer of the song.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›