1. Laney Boggs (Rachael Leigh Cook) in She’s All That
Makeover difficulty rating (on a scale of 1 to 10): 1
The girl is clearly gorgeous — she just lost the overalls and glasses.
2. Cal Weaver (Steve Carell) in Crazy, Stupid, Love.
Makeover difficulty rating: 5
It’s hard not to make a significant improvement when Ryan Gosling is directing your haircut and wardrobe choices.
3. Topanga Lawrence (Danielle Fishel) on Boy Meets World
Makeover difficulty rating: 4
Topanga was also super-hot before, but she gets bonus points for spending a few minutes of this episode with half her hair cut and the other half still long to prove a point about vanity.
4. Gracie Hart (Sandra Bullock) in Miss Congeniality
Makeover difficulty rating: 3
Why does Hollywood think straightening your hair is a makeover?
5. Joey Potter (Katie Holmes) on Dawson’s Creek
Makeover difficulty rating: 6
Joey learned the hard way that sometimes all it takes is an updo, some bronzer, and a dark lip to get a boy’s attention.
6. Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan) in Mean Girls
Makeover difficulty rating: 3
Cady’s inherent good looks required very little work: loose waves, some heavy liner, and a super-glossy lip.
7. Mia Thermopolis (Anne Hathaway) in The Princess Diaries
Makeover rating: 8
Eyebrow tweezing and hair de-frizzing take some effort, but Mia’s makeover loses points for the take-off-your-glasses-and-you’re-suddenly-beautiful cliché.
8. Steve Urkel (Jaleel White) on Family Matters
Makeover rating: 2
One point for dropping the glasses, one point for dropping the suspenders. And yes, technically that’s Stephan Urquelle, but it shows just how easy an Urkel makeover would have been.
9. Allison Reynolds (Ally Sheedy) in The Breakfast Club
Makeover difficulty rating: 7
Getting that dandruff problem taken care of was no easy feat.
10. Eliza Doolittle (Audrey Hepburn) in My Fair Lady
Makeover difficulty rating: 9
Forgetting Ms. Doolittle’s accent for a moment, that is quite the transformation.
11. Tai (Brittany Murphy) in Clueless
Makeover difficulty rating: 10
Makeovers are Cher’s favorite “project” for a reason — she’s damn good at them.
We've got your WKND covered.
- [A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/sheriffs-deputy-shot-dead-in-ambush-at-texas-gas-station)
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)