1. Leto instagrammed on Tuesday, a photo of the severed ear that a 30 Seconds To Mars fan sent him:
2. Some background on the ear
From US Magazine:
“You get all kinds of wonderful things. Someone cut their ear off once and sent it to me. That was very strange. A whole ear. The Van Gogh move. The note just said, ‘Are you listening?’ I never knew who it was, who’s missing their ear out there.”
What’s more, Leto reveals HE WAS THE ONE WHO PUT IT ON A NECKLACE:
“I poked a hole in it and wore it as a necklace!”
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- On August 4th, 2011, the death of Mark Duggan — an unarmed black man — at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.