2. You were such a fan that you were basically part of the band for crying out loud!
3. You went to all their local shows. You’ve seen them at their literal worst.
4. You show them to your best friend and they were instantly hooked.
5. They were that hidden gem that ONLY you and ONLY your best friends listened to.
9. THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONE BAND THAT WOULDN’T SELL OUT!
12. And everyone’s like, “Oh my god, oh my god, did you hear?!”
14. You read online that this might be the most successful album the band’s ever made.
15. Yeah, it’s crazy, and yeah, it’s irrational. But when you discover music, it’s personal and it matters and it feels like it’s part of you.
16. And if your favorite band grows up, that means you might have to, as well. And growing up can be scary… and awkward…
17. But growing up is as nice as it is sad sometimes too. And just because that little band you discovered in high school is popular doesn’t mean you can’t still love them.
- Chicago officials have released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. The officer was charged with murder Tuesday. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›