1. Drake name-drops an old girlfriend in the song “From Time” off his new album Nothing Was The Same.
2. The reference that sent the internet on a manhunt appears in the second verse:
The one that I needed was Courtney from Hooters on Peach Street
I’ve always been feeling like she was the piece to complete me
Now she engaged to be married, what’s the rush on commitment?
3. Immediately users started trying to find a Courtney from Peachtree Street in Atlanta.
4. By the middle of last week, the “Courtney” from “From Time” was revealed to be Courtney Jannell, a model and hairstylist from Atlanta.
6. A handful of blogs all reference a now-deleted Instagram photo where Courtney confirm she was the one from the song, saying Drake’s song blew up her phone.
“My phone has been BLOWING UP all night. From my text messages, to my twitter feed, to my email… YES Drake put me in a song. Just answered the question everyone’s been wondering.”