1. Drake name-drops an old girlfriend in the song “From Time” off his new album Nothing Was The Same.
2. The reference that sent the internet on a manhunt appears in the second verse:
The one that I needed was Courtney from Hooters on Peach Street
I’ve always been feeling like she was the piece to complete me
Now she engaged to be married, what’s the rush on commitment?
3. Immediately users started trying to find a Courtney from Peachtree Street in Atlanta.
Ayo Q *bishop voice*
â€œ@_sGOD: Drake tried to wife Courtney from the Hooter’s on Peachtree… Who is this Courtney?â€ @courtneyjanell
4. By the middle of last week, the “Courtney” from “From Time” was revealed to be Courtney Jannell, a model and hairstylist from Atlanta.
FAMU’S 90.5 YDOT!
ay @courtneyjanell drake talking bout u lmaooo
Finally found this Courtney Aubrey mentioned in his verse. I see why lol she’s gorgeous @courtneyjanell
“My phone has been BLOWING UP all night. From my text messages, to my twitter feed, to my email… YES Drake put me in a song. Just answered the question everyone’s been wondering.”
8. She’s appeared in a few music videos, including The-Dream’s “Trilogy.”
10. As for how Drake feels about mentioning girls in his songs, on Sunday night the rapper spoke about it at NYU.
Drake says all the women he mentions in songs “love it” #CRWN
11. The moral of the story: Don’t mess around with Drake unless you’re OK with his exposing your identity to the entire world.
Dawn M Greene
@courtneyjanell and you know I meant every word! This will all calm down and I just ask that you hold on to your man!