1. From the press release: “GAY TOWN explores a variety of themes that are central to Franco’s artistic practice…”
3. “…and other societal concerns such as society’s preoccupation with celebrity.”
4. “Franco created most of the works for GAY TOWN over the past two years, making many of the works in hotel rooms…”
5. “…and other temporary locations whilst completing other projects, mainly motion pictures.”
6. Here’s an interview with Javier Peres, the art dealer handling the exhibit:
7. James Franco’s previous artistic projects have included “a museum of invisible art,” which was essentially just air, which he sold for $10,000
Here Are The Top Stories
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.