1. Yesterday’s Food Network recipe of the day, filed under its “Kwanzaa Recipe Section”:
2. Its Kwanzaa recipe section also includes typical Southern dishes like Hoppin’ John, cornbread, and collard greens.
3. Users on Twitter didn’t find it particularly funny:
9. Better Homes and Gardens gives a good summary of what a typical Kwanzaa dinner would include:
For your Kwanzaa meal, try African creole, Cajun catfish, jerk chicken, or Groundnut stew, a tasty dish from West Africa. For your side we’ve got many traditional Kwanzaa recipes, including Jollof rice, collard greens, Kwanzaa slaw, grits, beans and rice, and okra. End your Kwanzaa dinner with a traditional Kwanzaa dessert. Ambrosia, coconut cake, sweet potato bars, and mango pound cake all offer sweet finishes to your holiday evening.
(h/t Joe Mande)
We've got your WKND covered.
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday 🌐 ›