1. OK so, Sybill Trelawney’s first prophecy makes Harry and Voldemort’s relationship very clear.
2. Sybil specifies that neither Harry nor Voldemort can live while the other survives.
The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches … born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies … and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not … and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives … the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies …
3. Which led this brilliant Imgur user to notice that the prophecy was actually leading to a very different, much darker, ending for the series:
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›