3. The school board already allows students to be addressed by their preferred name and pronoun.
4. During the meetings leading up to the decision, many outraged parents attacked the plan. Some parents insisted that medical professionals should be a part of the decision.
5. The school board has acknowledged that the policy will only probably affect a small minority of students, but is important in making all students feel included.
6. The policy will also allow students to use a genderless washroom, as well, if they so choose.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.