1. The protest was organized by About-Face, a nonprofit based in San Francisco that educates women about how the media can affect body image and self-esteem.
Whoooo! Tasha and I took the pledge! @aboutfacesf
2. The scantily-clad activists gathered in front of a San Francisco Victoria’s Secret over the weekend.
3. The women (and one guy on the right there) picketed the storefront, holding signs featuring body-positive messages like “I pledge to love my body” and “Fat & fabulous.”
Group with @aboutfacesf shed most of their clothes to raise awareness about body image issues: http://t.co/Ymv6yejcH9
4. About-Face believes that Victoria’s Secret, along with many other mainstream fashion retailers, portray an unrealistic body image to the public.
- Thirty-one people are dead after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.