1. Boston’s Kiss 108 is running a contest that allows people to compete for a chance to meet Taylor Swift.
2. 4chan discovered the contest and are now working to move a “creepy 39-year-old” named Charles into first place so that he can sniff her hair.
3. The contest’s rules say that anyone could win, as long as they receive enough votes.
• Tell us in 137 characters or less why you are Taylor Swift’s biggest fan. You’ll get tickets to her sold out show PLUS meet her! (all entries must end with #ad by default)
• You will receive a unique URL that you can post on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or blog - wherever people will see it - get your friends and family to vote for you!
• The eligible person with the most votes once verified will win and get hooked up for the Taylor Swift concert at Gillette Stadium.
4. As of 8 hours ago, 4chan users successfully moved Charles into first place.
5. The prank has spilled over to Twitter, where people are showing their support for Charles using the hashtag #Vote4Charles
http://t.co/zAu2eXnwQJHelp this man meet Taylor Swift
Everyone make this 39 year olds dream http://t.co/RTF24skkEU
9. Charles is still in first place as of Tuesday morning. The contest ends on Sunday, July 21, 2013.
10. A few users have posted about the prank on the station’s Facebook, but they have yet to acknowledge it.
11. BuzzFeed has reached out to Kiss 108 about the prank.
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency due to the "severe threat" posed to his state by Tropical Storm Erika. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›