1. Last week, 4chan users decided it would be funny to vote for a 39-year-old man named Charles to win a chance to meet Taylor Swift in a radio contest so he could sniff her hair.
2. Charles made it to first place and stayed there for a considerable amount of time.
3. That is, until the radio station, Boston’s Kiss 108, ended the contest because it was “compromised.”
4. Charles responded to the controversies surround his position on the radio station’s leaderboard on Twitter.
If anybody needs me, I’ll be in the @Kiss108 parking lot demanding justice until further notice.
This whole @taylorswift13 thing has me down, but all you kids have been awesome champions.
6. There’s also a Change.org petition demanding that Charles gets to sniff Taylor Swift’s hair.
7. 4chan users then set their sights on a different contest, being organized by New York’s z100.
8. The contest ended a day earlier, with Charles getting as high in the leaderboard as number 5.
9. 4chan then moved on to a Jonas Brothers meet-and-greet also organized by z100 that has also closed.
10. Tuesday night, there were reports that 4chan spamming radio station websites actually crashed the 850 websites beloning to Clear Channel.
4chan has crashed the @Z100 website! #justice4charles @cgz79
wow, 4chan crashed clear channel… dreams do come true
12. After The Jonas Brothers contest ended, users started targeting a San Diego radio station’s contest to meet One Direction.
13. Over night, he went from 131st on the leaderboard to number 66.
14. Charles doesn’t appear to have any connection to the recent contest raids.
I don’t know what a Jonas brother even is. @taylorswift13 on the other hand is an ice cream cake made of heartbreak anthems sunshine.
I just Googled Selena Gomez. She seems nice and all, but @taylorswift13 is the Animal House poster on the wall in the dorm room of my heart.
- An assailant shot two people at Texas Southern University. One person has died, and a suspect has been detained. ›