1. The Center for Science in the Public Interest wanted to see if the urban myth about eating healthy actually being more expensive was true.
C.S.P.I. created these images to share their findings with the public.
4. C.S.P.I. analyzed 20 popular snack and 19 side dish items for average price and calorie number.
6. According to their study, they found that the average price per serving of the fruit or vegetable snacks was $0.34.
8. Unhealthy packaged snacks, however, cost about twice as much.
10. C.S.P.I.’s study actually backs up a similar study done by the Department Of Agriculture in 2012.
12. Whether or not your tastebuds prefer the healthy alternative, however, is a completely different story.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›
- SAB Miller has accepted "in principle" a takeover offer from Anheuser-Busch InBev, which would create the world's largest beer company. ›