1. The Center for Science in the Public Interest wanted to see if the urban myth about eating healthy actually being more expensive was true.
C.S.P.I. created these images to share their findings with the public.
4. C.S.P.I. analyzed 20 popular snack and 19 side dish items for average price and calorie number.
6. According to their study, they found that the average price per serving of the fruit or vegetable snacks was $0.34.
8. Unhealthy packaged snacks, however, cost about twice as much.
10. C.S.P.I.’s study actually backs up a similar study done by the Department Of Agriculture in 2012.
12. Whether or not your tastebuds prefer the healthy alternative, however, is a completely different story.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- On August 4th, 2011, the death of Mark Duggan — an unarmed black man — at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.