1. You’re in the middle of an amazing book right now.
Or maybe more than one. Hey, who’s counting?
2. But you’re already trying to figure out what’s next.
3. You routinely ask people to quiet down so you can read.
Or give them a death stare until they get the point. Either way.
4. Because nothing going on around you is ever NEARLY as interesting as what’s happening in a good book.
5. You’ve cried at the death of a beloved character, quite possibly in public…
6. And you’ve had more book hangovers than you can begin to count.
Why isn’t emotional recovery time an acceptable excuse to miss work, exactly?
7. You don’t just read books, though: You wear them, maybe even on your skin.
8. And pretty much all your jokes refer to books, whether or not anyone around you knows what you’re talking about.
9. It’s basically impossible for you to be good friends with someone who dislikes your favorite author.
10. But you light up every single time you find out that someone new loves the same books you do.
11. Speaking of favorites, though: Being asked to pick just one pretty much makes your brain explode, because HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY DO THAT?
12. Especially when you’re always just a turn of the page away from falling in love all over again.
13. Reorganizing your bookshelves is one of your favorite rainy-day activities. Or sunny-day activities. Or night activities.
Although realistically, your poor bookshelves don’t stand a chance.