1. Eat something fried, delicious, and awful for you at a local fair.
2. Get drunk in the cheap seats at a baseball game.
3. Do one touristy thing in your city/town that you’ve never done before.
You’ll feel a little bit ridiculous, but it will probably be completely worth it. It’s cliché for a reason.
4. Turn off your phone and go read in a park.
5. Or better yet, at the beach.
8. Also important: beach ice cream (or sherbet, if the spirit moves you).
14. Or just a “picnic.”
15. Have your all-white outfit moment.
WOUTFIT GAME STRONG
17. Build a fire and make s’mores.
18. Go to an outdoor movie.
19. Or an outdoor concert.
20. Walk somewhere you usually would have driven or taken public transit to.
Within a reasonable distance, of course.
21. Invite friends over, make water balloons, and see what happens.
22. Make grilled pizza.
23. EAT ALL OF THE BARBECUE.
And if you don’t cook, look up the best BBQ in your area and eat there. Do it.
25. In the event of a thunderstorm, try to capture the perfect lightning bolt photo.
27. Wear jorts.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›