1. In the days leading up to your departure, you’re freaked out about dining hall food (along with EVERY SINGLE THING college related).
2. Despite all of the college brochures insisting that your school’s food is the pinnacle of culinary excellence, you have your doubts.
3. On your final night at home: The Last Supper…
4. Your first few weeks eating in the dining hall, you’re amazed by the incredible variety.
5. “WAIT SO IN ONE MEAL, I CAN GET FRESH FRUIT, FRENCH FRIES, A GRILLED CHEESE, CHICKEN TENDERS, AND THEN FINISH WITH A NUTELLA SLATHERED WAFFLE????”
6. “OMG I CAN USE MY MEAL PLAN DOLLARS AT SUBWAY?!!!?”
7. And the drunk food. OH THE DRUNK FOOD.
8. You want to eat literally everything. So you do.
9. The Freshman 15?
can’t. button. skinny. jeans.
10. But then, one day, you realize: “I don’t want pizza for dinner. I had pizza for lunch. And pizza for dinner last night. In fact, I cannot remember the last time there was no pizza in my system.”
11. Your body is like, “remember dark, leafy greens?”
Thank you salad bar for the wilted spinach and flavorless asparagus.
“And like, not weird smelling fish?”
Salmon wasn’t meant to be cooked for the masses.
12. You become increasingly tired of the dining hall’s weird schedule.
LET ME LIVE.