2. And they just released a music video for their song “Asian Girlz.”
5. So, despite their emphatic “WE ARE NOT RACIST, HAHA!” the racism kicks in literally 3 seconds into the video, when they use this font:
And it is accompanied by the Oriental Riff, made iconic in American culture by the song “Kung-Fu Fighting.”
6. The premise of the video: An all-male American band is inside a cage, watching an Asian woman strip outside of it.
7. At the 4 minute mark, the lyrics literally just devolve into a list of stereotypes.
10. “We do not promote or support racism…” Really?
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail after posting bond.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- The new Apple TV will debut in September, along with its own App Store, sources tell BuzzFeed News.