1. The Mystery Hole (Anstead, WV)
Science has never been able to explain* the gravity defying conundrum that is West Virginia’s Mystery Hole.
(*Well, if you want to get technical it’s what scientists call a “hoax,” but also, SHUT UP, SCIENTISTS.)
2. The Answers In Genesis Creation Museum (Petersburg, KY)
Did U Know… that there were dinosaurs on Noah’s Ark? Did U Know… that the ACLU is trying to destroy America’s covenant with God? Yes U did… if you visited the multi-million dollar, 70,000 square foot pride of the Bluegrass State.
3. The Arkansas Alligator Farm (Hot Springs, AR)
Did we say Alligator Farm? Sorry, we meant Alligator Farm… and merman mummy museum! You heard right: the farm’s main attraction is an honest-to-God, real life Chinese Merman, captured nearly 100 years ago off the coast of China.
4. UFO Welcome Center (Bowman, SC)
Illegal aliens, go home. Space aliens, come on down to Bowman, where one man’s Hoarders episode is another man’s cultural and scientific museum.
5. Graceland Too (Holly Springs, MS)
You’re not an Elvis fan. You may think you are, but did you turn your house into an obsessive compulsive Elvis shrine? Paul McLeod did, and it’s open 24 hours a day. Seriously. Show up any hour, knock real loud, and Paul will wake up and take you on a manic, detailed tour. TCB!
6. The Grave Of Miss Baker, The First Monkey Astronaut (Huntsville, AL)
Bet you didn’t know that NASA once had an all-monkey space program. Proof, as if any were needed, that Alabama is the birthplace of brilliant ideas.
7. Precious Moments Inspirational Chapel (Carthage, MO)
What’s the biggest challenge facing Christians today? If you said, “Not enough cloying, big-eyed statues of angel babies!” then praise Jesus, because y’all gonna fit right in at the Precious Moments Chapel slash Convention Center slash Gift Shop. The Chapel “has often been described as America’s Sistine Chapel,” according to the chapel’s own website.
8. Carhenge (Alliance, NE)
Nobody knows the origin of this mysterious wonder — a perfect replica of Stonehenge made from junked cars. Just kidding; it was built in 1987 by a farmer named Jim Reinders. It’s all the way up north in Nebraska, but it’s worth the trip.
9. The Dan Quayle Museum And Learning Center (Huntington, IN)
Remember: It’s not a library, it’s a learning center. Libraries got books.
10. Christ In The Smokies Museum And Garden (Gatlinburg, TN)
“It’s a wax museum.”
“No, it’s a shrine to the life of Jesus.”
“No, it’s a wax museum.”
Ladies! Ladies! Stop fighting. You’re both right. Christ In The Smokies is a wax museum AND a life-sized shrine to the life of Jesus. And just down the road from Dollywood, so you’re already gonna be in the area.
11. Big Daddy Don Garlits Museum Of Drag Racing (Ocala, FL)
When you hear the word “drag,” do you immediately think of men in dresses, strutting around and hurling catty insults at each other? Then you would not enjoy the Garlits museum. But if you hear the word “drag” and think of a crazy adrenaline freak strapping himself to a rocket-on-wheels, then y’all gonna feel right at home in Ocala.
- taylork6 thinks The 11 Best Places To Go On A Redneck... is Trashy
- usernumberone thinks The 11 Best Places To Go On A Redneck... is Trashy
I’m reading this and thinking I’d totally go to some of these if I had all the time in the world. I love roadside attractions. Then I get to the bottom and see that I’ve actually been to one! Yes, I can say that my husband and I went to the Don Garlits museum in Ocala. And we met his Mom who was working there that day, too. A very nice lady she was, too. So, suck it jealous drag racing fans. :)
- newu793 thinks The 11 Best Places To Go On A Redneck... is Win
- newu793 added Rock Lobster to the mix about 4 months ago
- tinap3 thinks The 11 Best Places To Go On A Redneck... is LOL
- anexsia thinks The 11 Best Places To Go On A Redneck... is Trashy
- oscart thinks The 11 Best Places To Go On A Redneck... is LOL
- Debby54 The 11 Best Places To Go On A Redneck... and thinks it’s Win
- davisalayna thinks The 11 Best Places To Go On A Redneck... is Fail
- ashley king thinks The 11 Best Places To Go On A Redneck... is LOL