1. Anchorman 2 star Will Ferrell dropped by a Bismarck, N.D., newscast as Ron Burgundy last night to help deliver the evening’s news and make things generally awkward.
3. Anchor Amber Schatz managed to keep her cool while Ferrell was predictably silly on air.
4. “Amber, you look lovely tonight. Are you married?” he asked Schatz. “Well, I am, so don’t get any ideas,” he added.
5. “Last time I saw you, you were a lot heavier,” he told KXMB-TV’s weatherman, Jared Piepenburg.
6. “How long did it take you to grow that bad boy?” reporter Jon Schaeffer asked Ferrell about his mustache. “This? About 20 minutes.”
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding a war crimes investigation into the U.S. bombing of its Afghan hospital. ›
- Syrian troops launched a major ground offensive, backed by Russian airstrikes, against opposition forces. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›